Objectives Of LIC
- » Spread Life Insurance widely and in particular to the rural areas and to the socially and economically backward classes with a view to reaching all insurable persons in the country and providing them adequate financial cover against death at a reasonable cost.
- » Maximize mobilization of people's savings by making insurance-linked savings adequately attractive.
- » Bear in mind, in the investment of funds, the primary obligation to its policyholders, whose money it holds in trust, without losing sight of the interest of the community as a whole; the funds to be deployed to the best advantage of the investors as well as the community as a whole, keeping in view national priorities and obligations of attractive return.
- » Conduct business with utmost economy and with the full realization that the moneys belong to the policyholders.
- » Act as trustees of the insured public in their individual and collective capacities.
- » Meet the various life insurance needs of the community that would arise in the changing social and economic environment.
- » Involve all people working in the Corporation to the best of their capability in furthering the interests of the insured public by providing efficient service with courtesy.
- » Promote amongst all agents and employees of the Corporation a sense of participation, pride and job satisfaction through discharge of their duties with dedication towards achievement of Corporate Objective.
Life Insurance Corporation of India –
Corporate Office : Yogakshema Building, Jeevan Bima Marg, P.O. Box No – 19953, Mumbai – 400 021
IRDAI Reg No- 512