IN THIS POLICY, THE INVESTMENT RISK IN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO IS BORNE BY THE POLICYHOLDER
LIC’s Pension Plus is a unit linked deferred pension plan, which provides you a minimum guarantee on the gross premiums paid. The plan is without any life cover.
You have a choice of investing your premiums in one of the two types of investment funds available. Premiums paid after deduction of allocation charge will purchase units of the Fund type chosen. The Unit Fund is subject to various charges and value of units may increase or decrease, depending on the Net Asset Value (NAV).
1. Payment of Premiums: You may pay premiums regularly at yearly, half-yearly or quarterly or monthly (through ECS mode only) intervals over the term of the policy. Alternatively, a Single premium can be paid.
A grace period of 30 days will be allowed for payment of yearly or half-yearly or quarterly premiums and 15 days for monthly (through ECS) premiums.
2 . Eligibility Conditions And Other Restrictions:
a) Minimum Entry Age - 18 years (last birthday)
b) Maximum Entry Age - 75 years (nearest birthday)
c) Minimum Vesting Age - 40 years (completed)
d) Maximum Vesting Age - 85 years (nearest birthday)
e) Minimum Deferment Term - 10 years
f) Sum Assured - NIL
g) Minimum Premium -
Regular premium (other than monthly (ECS) mode) : Rs. [15,000] p.a.
Regular premium (for monthly (ECS) mode) : Rs. [1,500] p.m.
Single premium: Rs. [30,000]
h) Maximum Premium -
Regular premium : Rs. [1,00,000] p.a.
Single premium: No Limit
Annualized Premiums shall be payable in multiple of Rs. 1,000 for other than ECS monthly. For monthly (ECS), the premium shall be in multiples of Rs. 250/-.
3. Charges under the Plan:
A) Premium Allocation Charge: This is the percentage of the premium deducted towards charges from the premium received. The balance constitutes that part of the premium which is utilized to purchase (Investment) units for the policy. The allocation charges are as below:
For Single premium policies: 3.3%
For Regular premium policies:
2nd to 5th Year
Allocation charge for Top-up: 1.25%
B) Other Charges: The following charges shall be deducted during the term of the policy:
C) Right to revise charges: The Corporation reserves the right to revise all or any of the above charges except the premium allocation charge, with the prior approval of IRDA.
- Policy Administration charge: Rs. 30/- per month during the first policy year and Rs 30/- per month escalating at 3% p.a. thereafter, throughout the term of the policy shall be levied.
- Fund Management Charge –It is a charge levied as a percentage of the value of units at following rates:
0.70% p.a. of Unit Fund for “Debt” Fund
0.80% p.a. of Unit Fund for “Mixed” Fund
Fund Management Charge shall be appropriated while computing NAV.
- Switching Charge –This is the charge levied on switching of monies from one fund to another. Within a given policy year 2 switches will be allowed free of charge. Subsequent switches in that year shall be subject to a switching charge of Rs. 100 per switch.
- Bid/Offer Spread – Nil.
- Discontinuance Charge – The discontinuance charge for regular premium policies is as under:
Where the policy is discontinued during the policy year
Discontinuance charges for the policies having annualized premium up to Rs. 25,000/-
Discontinuance charges for the policies having annualized premium above Rs. 25,000/-
Lower of 10% * (AP or FV) subject to a maximum of Rs. 2500/-
Lower of 6% * (AP or FV) subject to maximum of Rs. 6000/-
Lower of 7% * (AP or FV) subject to a maximum of Rs. 1750/-
Lower of 4% * (AP or FV) subject to maximum of Rs. 5000/-
Lower of 5% * (AP or FV) subject to a maximum of Rs. 1250/-
Lower of 3% * (AP or FV) subject to maximum of Rs. 4000/-
Lower of 3% * (AP or FV) subject to a maximum of Rs. 750/-
Lower of 2% * (AP or FV) subject to maximum of Rs. 2000/-
5 and onwards
AP – Annualised Premium
FV – Policyholder’s Fund Value excluding the fund value in respect of Top-up premiums paid, if any, on the date of discontinuance.
There shall not be any discontinuance charge under Single Premium
- Service Tax Charge – A service tax charge, if any, will be as per the service tax laws and rate of service tax as applicable from time to time.
- Miscellaneous Charge – This is a charge levied for change in premium mode, if opted for by the policyholder during the deferment term. An alteration may be allowed subject to a charge of Rs. 50/-.
Although the charges are reviewable, they will be subject to the following maximum limit:
- Policy Administration Charge
Rs. 60/- per month during the first policy year and Rs. 60/- per month escalating at 3% p.a. thereafter, throughout the term of the policy
- Fund Management Charge: The Maximum for each Fund will be as follows:
- Switching Charge shall not exceed Rs. 200/- per switch.
- Debt Fund: 1.20% p.a. of Unit Fund
- Mixed Fund: 1.30% p.a. of Unit Fund
- Miscellaneous Charge shall not exceed Rs. 100/- each time when an alteration is requested.
In case the policyholder does not agree with the revision of charges the policyholder shall have the option to withdraw the Policyholder’s fund value which shall be utilised to provide an annuity.
4. Discontinuance of Premiums:
If you fail to pay premiums under the policy within the days of grace, a notice shall be sent to you within a period of fifteen days from the date of expiry of grace period to exercise one of the following options within a period of thirty days of receipt of such notice:
During the notice period of 30 days, the policy shall be treated as in force till the date of discontinuance of the policy (i.e. till the date on which the intimation is received from the policyholder for complete withdrawal of the policy or till the expiry of the notice period) and the charges shall be taken, as usual.
- Revival of the policy, or
- Complete withdrawal from the policy
If you do not exercise any option within the stipulated period of 30 days, you shall be deemed to have exercised the option of complete withdrawal from the policy.
There shall be no change in payments of benefits during the notice period.
The benefits payable when you exercise the option for complete withdrawal or you do not exercise any option during the notice period shall be as under:
If the policy is discontinued within 5 years from the date of commencement of the policy: If you exercise the option for complete withdrawal from the policy, or you do not exercise the option within the period of 30 days of receipt of notice, then the policy shall be compulsorily terminated. The Policyholder’s Fund Value as on the date of discontinuance of policy after deducting the Discontinuance Charge shall be converted into monetary terms as specified below and Proceeds of the discontinued policy as specified below will compulsorily be utilized to provide an annuity, and shall be payable after completion of 5 years from the date of commencement of the policy.
If the policy is discontinued after 5 years from the date of commencement of the policy: If you exercise the option for complete withdrawal from the policy, or you do not exercise the option within the period of 30 days of receipt of notice, then the policy shall be compulsorily terminated and Policyholder’s Fund value will compulsorily be utilized to provide an annuity.
The conversion to monetary amount shall be as under:
The NAV on the date of application for surrender or as on the date of discontinuance of the policy (in case of complete withdrawal of the policy), as the case may be, multiplied by the number of units in the Policyholder’s Fund Value as on that date will be the monetary amount.
The Proceeds of the Discontinued Policy shall be calculated as under:
The monetary amount calculated as above shall be transferred to the Discontinued Policy Fund. This Fund will earn a minimum interest rate of 3.5% p.a. from the date of discontinuance of the policy to the date of completion of 5 years from the commencement of the policy. In case of death of the life assured, the interest shall accrue from the date of discontinuance of the policy to the date of booking of liability. The Proceeds of the discontinued policy shall be the monetary amount plus the interest accrued on the Discontinued Policy Fund.
i ) Guaranteed Maturity Proceeds: If all due premiums are paid till maturity, a guaranteed interest shall accrue on the gross premium, including Top-up premiums if any, at the end of each financial year. The guaranteed interest rate shall be 50 basis points above the average of the reverse repo rate prevailing as on the last working day of June, September, December and March of the preceding year. However, the guaranteed interest rate shall be subject to a maximum of 6% and a minimum of 3%. This guaranteed interest rate is not applicable to a discontinued policy.
The minimum guaranteed rate of 4.5% p.a. is applicable to all premiums received up to 31st March, 2011, including any Top-up premiums paid.
ii )Guarantee of interest rate on Discontinued Policy Fund: A guaranteed minimum interest rate of 3.5% p.a. shall be credited to the Discontinued Policy Fund constituted by the fund value of all discontinued policies.
iii ) Top-up (Additional Premium) : You can pay additional premium in multiples of Rs.1,000 without any limit at anytime during the term of policy. Top-up shall not be allowed during the last 5 years of the contract. In case of yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly (ECS) mode of premium payment such Top-up can be paid only if all premiums have been paid under the policy.
iv) Switching: You can switch between the two fund types during the policy term subject to switching charges, if any.
v) Partial Withdrawal: No partial withdrawal of units will be allowed under this plan.
vi) Revival: If due premium is not paid within the days of grace, a notice shall be sent to you within a period of fifteen days from the date of expiry of grace period to exercise the option for revival within a period of thirty days of receipt of such notice. If you exercise the option to revive the policy, then the arrears of premium without interest shall be required to be paid.
The Corporation reserves the right to accept the revival at its own terms or decline the revival of a policy.
Irrespective of what is stated above, if the Policyholder’s Fund Value is not sufficient to recover the charges during the notice period, the policy shall terminate and thereafter revival will not be allowed.
vii) Conversion to annuity: The benefit amount, payable in case of surrender or on discontinuance of premium or on vesting, shall compulsorily be utilized to provide an annuity subject to the following conditions:
1. You will have an option to commute upto a maximum of one third of the
a) Higher of Policyholder’s Fund Value and Guaranteed Maturity Proceeds, in the event of vesting, or
b) Proceeds of the discontinued policy, if policy is discontinued or surrendered within 5 years from the date of commencement of policy, or
c) Policyholder’s Fund Value, if policy is discontinued or surrendered after 5 years from the date of commencement of policy,
whichever is applicable.
The commutation will be allowed provided the balance amount is sufficient to purchase a minimum amount of annuity as per the provisions of section 4 of Insurance Act, 1938 as applicable on the date of payment of annuity.
The balance amount shall compulsorily be utilised to provide an annuity based on the then prevailing immediate annuity rates under the relevant annuity option.
2. The minimum amount of annuity payable shall be subject to the provisions of section 4 of Insurance Act, 1938 as applicable on the date of payment of annuity. In case the applicable amount as mentioned in (a) to (c) of Para 10.vii) above is insufficient to purchase the minimum amount of annuity, then the said amount shall be refunded as a lump sum to you.
3. You shall have an option to purchase immediate annuity from any other life insurance company “registered with IRDA” subject to Regulatory provisions. In such cases, LIC will transfer your fund amount directly to the chosen Insurer.
If you opt to purchase immediate annuity from any other life insurance Company, you would be required to inform your such intention to the Corporation six months prior to the vesting date.
A policy once surrendered cannot be reinstated.
8. Risks borne by the Policyholder:
9. Cooling off period:
- LIC’s Pension Plus is a Unit Linked Life Insurance product which is different from the traditional insurance products and is subject to the risk factors.
- The premium paid in Unit Linked Life Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his/her decisions.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India is only the name of the Insurance Company and LIC’s Pension Plus is only the name of the unit linked life insurance contract and does not in any way indicate the quality of the contract, its future prospects or returns.
- Please know the associated risks and the applicable charges, from your Insurance agent or the Intermediary or policy document of the insurer.
- The various funds offered under this contract are the names of the funds and do not in any way indicate the quality of these plans, their future prospects and returns.
- All benefits under the policy are also subject to the Tax Laws and other financial enactments as they exist from time to time.
If you are not satisfied with the “Terms and Conditions” of the policy, you may return the policy to us within 15 days. The amount to be refunded in case the policy is returned within the cooling-off period shall be determined as under:
Value of units in the Policyholder’s Fund
Plus unallocated premium.
Plus PolicyAdministration charge deducted
Less charges @ Rs. 0.20 per thousand of Total Premiums payable during entire term of policy
No loan will be available under this plan.
Assignment shall not be allowed under this plan.